Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
2. Came to the United States before the age of 16
3. Have continuously resided in the United States from June 15, 2007 to the present
4. Physically present on June 15, 2012
5. Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012 or lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012
6. Are currently in school, have graduated high school/obtained a GED certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety
*taken from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website
As of September 2017, VCU has 70 self-reported DACA students.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records. Click here for more deails.
All students applying to the university who wish to be considered for in-state tuition rates must complete and submit the Application for in-state tuition form at the time of application. Please visit the appropriate website below for information pertaining to you.
The Political Latinxs United for Movement and Action in Society (PLUMAS) at VCU offer a 4-hour UndocuAlly trainings which include breakfast and lunch and they can also accommodate for condensed trainings as well. If interested, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to find out who your local legislator is if you would like to contact them.