Virginia Commonwealth University Board of Visitors Student Representative 2017-18 Application Process
Please review this page so that you may prepare your answers in advance for submission.
Selection of the Student Representative
- The President will recommend one graduate/professional student and one undergraduate to serve as either the student representative or the alternate from lists submitted by a selection committee, chaired by the Vice Provost for Student Affairs, which would include representation from the student governments on each campus of the University.
- The student representative and the alternate student representative to the Board of Visitors will be appointed for a one-year term effective July 1 of each year. The student representative and the alternate student representative will be nonvoting representatives and will not be allowed to attend closed sessions of the Board.
- The student representative and the alternate student representative to the Board of Visitors will serve as nonvoting representatives to the Academic and Health Affairs Committee of the Board. The student representative and the alternate student representative will not serve as a representative to any other Board Committee.
- The alternate student representative will not have official status, but will be invited to attend full Board meetings and the Academic and Health Affairs Committee meeting with voice but no vote.
- The BOV meets four times a year, typically in September, December, March, and May. Current dates and times are listed online.
To be eligible to apply and serve as a student representative, a student must:
- Be enrolled as a VCU full-time student in good standing;
- Maintain continuous VCU full-time enrollment throughout the representative term (August 2017 – July 2018)
- Complete the 2017-18 BOV Student Rep Application Sheet form, and
- Attach a resume.
Please return the 2017-18 BOV Student Rep Application Sheet electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org through Friday, March 3.