Are You Covered?
Your student health fee covers visits to the student health clinics, but does not cover the cost of referrals to specialists, medications, x-rays, hospital or ER visits. We encourage all college students to get health insurance coverage to prevent an illness or accident from causing a financial burden.
Health Insurance Marketplace
Visit www.healthcare.gov for more information about insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Open Enrollment for 2017 coverage began November 1, 2016.
Other dates to keep in mind:
- Monday, December 12: Representatives from Enroll Virginia will be at the Student Commons and at the Well from 10:30am to 1:30pm to answer questions and guide you through the process. You may also sign up for individual sessions.
- Thursday, December 15: You must enroll by Dec 15 to start coverage on Jan 1, 2017.
- Tuesday, January 31: This is the last day to enroll for a 2017 plan.
- Click on the link for other important Health Insurance Marketplace dates and deadlines.
- Need help understanding the Affordable Care Act? Click here to get started.
- Would you like some in-person assistance or confidential advice from a Virginia Certified Enrollment Assister near you? Click on these links to find help and/or schedule an appointment.
- Not sure what to bring to a consultation appointment? Here's an enrollment checklist.
- Would you like to visit an enrollment event near you? Take a peek here to see what's available.
- Looking for some basic healthcare news and information in VA? Click on the link to stay informed.
Still need additional help? Feel free to reach out to us here at Student Health Services and we will be more than happy to try to assist!