Last updatedMarch 7, 2019 by Division of Student Affairs in Community Support
Please join VCU students, faculty and staff for VCU Unity on March 11, from 9 – 11 a.m. in Park Plaza. (Park Plaza is the courtyard/small amphitheater located behind Hibbs Hall and to the east of the W.E. Singleton Center for the Performing Arts.)
This event will provide an opportunity to celebrate VCU’s diverse community and show your commitment to making our campus more inclusive. Pick up a #VCUunity ribbon, sign our chalkboard with a message of support, treat yourself to a doughnut and coffee and learn about services on campus. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to wear black and gold.
In addition to this gathering, the following will also be taking place:
- Military Student Services will be holding a yoga session in their office from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Queer Action will be hosting processing space in Office of Multicultural Student Affairs from 10:30 a.m. – noon
- The Wellness Resource Center will be hosting a solidarity meditation circle from 8 – 11 a.m. with a mindfulness session at noon.
- The Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies Student Advisory Board along with GSWS faculty will hold an an open house at Crenshaw House, 919 West Franklin St. from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. with assorted activities.
- Space for students to gather during this time will also be provided by the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, University Counseling Services and University Academic Advising.
- As always, University Counseling Services and The Wellness Resource Center are available for students to visit Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.